Estate Planning Solutions From Attorney Kristen Shelley Designed to Achieve Your Goals
Everyone should have an estate plan to address issues and avoid problems that could arise before and after their death. It helps you protect your assets and provide guidance to your family. Without a plan and valid documents, you could face unintended consequences.
- Incapacitation: Powers of attorney, trusts and other documents can protect you in the event that you are unable to make decisions. Without a plan, a court could decide who will take care of your minor children or hospitals and insurance companies could make major medical decisions for you instead of your family. You could also suffer serious financial harm if someone you do not trust gains access to your money.
- After your death: A will, trusts and executor designations can protect your assets and avoid having Kansas intestacy laws control how your assets are distributed. It also protects your family from having to guess what you would have wanted or fight over which assets they felt they should have received. It can also protect your estate from being unnecessarily taxed.
At Chapin Law Firm, we help you avoid the unintended consequences of having an outdated plan or no plan at all. We take the time to carefully review your finances, listen to your concerns and explain all of your options. Our office is located in Shawnee, but we provide service throughout Johnson County, Wyandotte County, and the Kansas City metro area.
Make Sure That You Have The Right Tools For The Job
Estate planning is like making sure that you have the tools you need for a particular job. We help you select the right documents to accomplish your goals. This includes:
- Drafting wills
- Setting up trusts
- Establishing general durable powers of attorney
- Establishing health care powers of attorney
- Planning for children with special needs
- Tax planning
Do You Need An Estate Plan? Want Us To Review Yours? Contact Our Law Firm.
Do you have an effective estate plan in place? How long has it been since you updated yours? Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer. Call us at 913-624-3219 or send us your information.
Are you a police officer or firefighter? Have you served in our armed forces? We proudly offer you a 25 percent discount on our estate planning services.